In Fairlie, Texas, a small community northeast of Dallas, you’ll find the Cross Trails Cowboy Church . Although I’ve passed it a couple of times while traveling through that area, I wasn’t aware that inside was posted the Cowboy’s Ten Commandments:
(1) Just one God.
(2) Put nothin’ before God.
(3) Watch yer mouth.
(4) Git yourself to Sunday meeting.
(5) Honor yer Ma & Pa.
(6) No killin’.
(7) No foolin’ around with another fellow’s gal.
(8) Don’t take what ain’t yers.
(9) No telling tales or gossipin’.
(10) Don’t be han kerin’ for yer buddy’s stuff.
While there are some things that get lost in translation, that is a pretty fair summary.
(Via: Mark D. Roberts )