Our friend David Lapp at the Institute For American Values sent us an announcement for a new internship opportunity. They’re looking for a talented young person (at least a junior or senior in college) beginning in January of next year. Here’s the flyer:
Internship – assistant to the research associate
The Institute for American Values, founded in 1987, is a private, nonpartisan organization devoted to research, publication, and public education on issues of family well-being and civil society. By proving forums for scholarly inquiry and debate, the Institute seeks to bring fresh knowledge to bear on the challenges facing families and civil society. Through its publications and other educational activities, the Institute seeks to bridge the gap between scholarship and policy making, bringing new information to the attention of policy makers in the government, opinion makers in the media, and decision makers in the private sector. We are seeking an intern for one semester, with the possibility that it could extend to include the second semester.
Responsibilities may vary, but will include the following:
- · Assist in building relationships with key journalists and informing them of the Institute’s work.
In keeping with the Institute’s mission to influence elite opinion leaders, our work is regularly reported in elite media outlets such as The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Huffington Post, NPR, and Slate. The intern will assist in improving and maintaining our media database and helping to develop relationships with key journalists.
- · Assist in implementing the State Marriage Initiatives Project.
We are working with civil society leaders in Kansas to implement a state marriage-strengthening initiative and are preparing several major proposals to conduct state marriage initiatives in New York and Virginia.
- · Assist Institute research associate as needed on various projects.
- · Strong understanding of the Institute’s mission and work. (Please visit our website, www.americanvalues.
- · Commitment to strengthening marriage and families.
- · Readiness to work with individuals from across the political spectrum.
- · Willingness to do a variety of tasks while contributing intellectually to projects.
- · Cheerful attitude and refined personal, telephone, and email manners.
- · A junior or senior in college.
Send resume, cover letter, and writing sample to David Lapp at firstname.lastname@example.org.