I’m out of town the next couple of days, so I’m getting it out now. More considered opinions later.
1. Are the moderators insane? Do they even think of how to get revealing responses out of Gingrich? Second debate in a row when they set up Gingrich with a straight line.
2. Romney was just another of the top three. If anything he was third out of Gingrich/Romney/ Santorum.
3. Santorum was the best I’ve seen him by far. I thought he was the best of the three when they were going at it with each other.
4. For all of you that think that Gingrich is this invincible debater, Gingrich was no better than as good as Santorum in their exchanges and I think Santorum got the better of him.
5. Gingrich’s ego is swelling to dangerous levels again. When Santorum said that Gingrich’s recent support of a health insurance mandate would make if harder for Gingrich to debate Obama, Gingrich response was “Have trouble debating? Moi? I’m the man, man. I don’t care what’s true and what isn’t. And when I’m done, neither will anyone else.”
6. Freddie Mac never came up and neither did cap-and-trade. Gingrich’s is, over the long-term, more vulnerable than he looks. Again.
Update: No questions on entitlements that I can remember.
Update II: I’m killing most of my live blogging posts. They take up the frontpage and that is unfair to everybody else.