1. It really is true that the result in Louisiana makes very little practical difference. Most of the state’s delegates aren’t even picked through the primary. And so Santorum picked up maybe two or three on Romney, remaining, of course, hundreds behind.
2. BUT: In this state at least, the collapse of Newt helped Rick. Santorum significantly outperformed the polls’ predictions, because the late-deciders broke strongly for him.
3. The Catholics, for once, were strongly for Santorum too.
4. I know that LA is one strange bleepin’ state. But any Walker Percy fan knows I’m not making a negative judgment here.
5. Romney still carried easily the very rich guys and those who care most about getting a candidate who can whip the president.