Simple Minded wrote:CognitiveDistoibance wrote:Best I can tell, not only does "the public appear confused about his religion", so is he. A few observations...
- The precepts of Jesus Christ do not a Christian make. The person of Jesus Christ is another matter.
- The "kind of life I would want to lead" is bass-ackwards. The whole point is Jesus Christ leads your life--not you.
- "Being my brothers and sisters’ keeper": *Citations needed* where Jesus said that. (Cain, on the other hand...)
- "treating others as they would treat me": Ummm.... no. Try: "treating others as I would have them treat me" (and that, whether or not they actually do so).
- "Jesus Christ dying for my sins spoke to ..." (convoluted)
- "see God in other people": Good news, Pasta! More avatars!
- "help them find their own grace.": Ummm... no. It's God's grace they need to find.
I thought you Christians were supposed to stick up for each other......
Never heard of odium theologicum?