How Your Planned Gift Can Help First Things - and You
You can use any number of tax-advantaged financial tools to support the Institute on Religion and Public Life and advance its work to shape the public debate, while at the same time returning benefits to you and your family. For instance, you can:
- make a tax-free gift from your IRA.
- donate appreciated securities to Institute on Religion and Public Life, which could cost you less than the tax deduction you would receive.
- make the Institute on Religion and Public Life a beneficiary of your will, revocable trust, or retirement plancosting you nothing during your lifetime. Those who remember the Institute in the estate plans become members of the Richard John Neuhaus Society .
- donate assets that you no longer need or want, such as an art collection, a second home, land, or a life insurance policy.
- realize tax advantages by selling to Institute on Religion and Public Life property at a charitable discount or deeding to Institute on Religion and Public Life your home while you continue to live there.
For more information about these and other planned-giving vehicles, please contact your tax advisor or attorney. If you then decide to proceed and would like to discuss the possibility of a planned gift with the Institute on Religion and Public Life, please contact us.