Uh . . . how about “Default is all mine?”
As in, I’ve spent the last three-and-a-half hours writing a religious-news roundup post with umpteen gazillion links — and I’ve somehow managed to lose the whole thing. Totally. Completely. Poof. Into thin air. The computer has been loading things maddeningly slowly, and I can only figure that as I was trying to click the “Publish” button in triumph, the page moved out from under my cursor, and I clicked “Delete” instead.
I don’t have time now to reconstruct the whole post out of nothing: I have to go bake several dozen oatmeal cookies for the Boy Scout Court of Honor tonight. So, as I’m shifting into domestic mode, I will leave you with the following, reposted from my old blog:
From Our Mailbag: Helpful Household Hints From Mrs. T
Q: Dear Mrs. T,
If, in the kitchen, some person attempts to make candles by melting all the old candles in the house together in your one functional saucepan, and uses birthday candles stuck into the resulting grayish wax goo for wicks, and pours the whole concoction into a jam jar, and in the process a lot of grayish wax goo gets spilled on the kitchen floor, is it a good idea to try to remove said wax from said floor by way of a hot iron?
This happened months ago, and I have long since forgiven all parties involved, but every time I glance at the kitchen floor, I think about it a little.
Back tomorrow with another attempt at current events, not to mention a few words from our sponsors.