During 2011, First Things published (so far) 1,595 blog posts on First Thoughts. The following were the top ten most read*:
1. Amish Against Orange Produces Greatest Mugshot Ever , Joe Carter
2. Thoughts on the Penn State Scandal , Joe Carter
3. The Gurkha and the Forty Thieves , Joe Carter
5. The Highway Department Has Some Explaining To Do , Joe Carter
6. Haunted by a Phantom Heresy , Matthew Cantirino
7. 13th Zodiac Sign Discovered: Jokesonyouicus , Anthony Sacramone
8. Yes, Evangelicals, There Really Is a Hell , Joe Carter
10. Why Are Catholics Swimming the Cumberland? , Joe Carter
* “Thirty Three Things” post and reprints of posts from previous years were excluded.
We launched the First Things 2023 Year-End Campaign to keep articles like the one you just read free of charge to everyone.
Measured in dollars and cents, this doesn't make sense. But consider who is able to read First Things: pastors and priests, college students and professors, young professionals and families. Last year, we had more than three million unique readers on firstthings.com.
Informing and inspiring these people is why First Things doesn't only think in terms of dollars and cents. And it's why we urgently need your year-end support.
Will you give today?