The First Things Editor’s Circle celebrates readers who have contributed in meaningful ways to advance the mission of First Things. Membership in the Editor’s Circle begins with an annual giving level of $1,000 or more and confers a number of benefits, all of which aim to invite members to participate more intimately in the First Things intellectual community of editors, writers, and scholars.
The Editor’s Circle has grown substantially since its establishment in 2011. We are pleased to report that this growth accelerated in the last few years, with membership exceeding four hundred donors for the first time in 2021. For our complete listing of the 2022 First Things Editor’s Circle, please view our 2022 Annual Report here.
There are a few ways to make an Editor’s Circle–level gift to First Things:
- Give online at firstthings.com/donate
- To give by wire and asset transfer, contact Carter Skeel, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-627-1985. The Institute's EIN is 52-1628303.
- Give by mail by making your check out to First Things or the Institute on Religion and Public Life and mailing it to our editorial offices at 9 East 40th Street, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10016.
Membership in our Editor’s Circle confers the following benefits:
- acknowledgement in the First Things annual report
- one complimentary magazine subscription
- one magazine gift subscription
- priority invitations to First Things events
- all Supporter benefits
- invitations to Editor’s Circle receptions at First Things events
- opportunities for ad hoc conversations with First Things writers and editors
- all Supporter and Benefactor benefits
- invitations to Editor’s Circle dinners
- invitations to our quarterly Editor’s Circle Discussion Series with prominent politicians, scholars, and other cultural influencers
PILLAR ($25,000 or higher)
- all Supporter, Benefactor, and Patron benefits
- personal conversations with First Things editor R. R. Reno
- one complimentary ticket to a First Things Intellectual Retreat