One of the more annoying trumps played in discussions about politics, abortion, and voting is the “well, he gets all those pro-lifers to vote for him, but look at how little he’s done.” It’s annoying largely because it’s untrue. Most recently this line has been played by several members of the blog Vox Nova .
Christopher Blosser of the Catholics in the Public Square blog has a very helpful post in response with an exhaustive list of recent pro-life political measures. Here are a couple:
* Unborn Victims of Violence Act
* Born-Alive Infants Protection Act
* Partial Birth Abortion Ban
* Hyde/Weldon Conscience Protection Amendment
* The U.S. House turned back a “stealth attempt” by Democratic leadership to pass a “clone-and-kill” bill
* President Bush’s veto of legislation (S. 5) that would mandate federal funding of the type of stem cell research that requires the killing of human embryos, in addition to issuing an executive order to promote more federal funding for promising types of stem cell research that do not require harming human embryos.
Read the entire post here .